Although there are dozens of unique and impressive ways to fill your time at this Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Top 100 Hotels Worldwide, ten has a nice ring to it. Once you experience this Riviera Maya gem in person, though, we’re sure you’ll realize just how much is left to be added to this list!
10. Snuggled up on a beach bed. These luxurious and tucked away cabanas help you indulge in one another far removed from other beach-goers. With a personal beach butler, it’s the perfect way to fit in some R&R after the wedding in an undisturbed setting.
9. Touring the greenhouse. Yep, you heard us right. This 70,000 square-foot, on-site greenhouse produces a variety of certified organic vegetables and herbs for the resort. Whether you want to learn about the resorts commitment to sustainability or sample from tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, chilies, basils, cilantro and mint, the facility is impressive and unparalleled.
8. Enjoying the hand-crafted cocktails. For craft drink lovers, El Dorado Royale has placed a painstaking attention on ensuring that you don’t have ‘just another’ watery mojito. Their specialty themed bars range from a martini bars to a mojito lounge that offers 31 (yes, 31) different flavors. And of course, Mexican tequila lovers will find heaven with the frozen tequila bar that features daily tasting and education.
7. Horseback Riding. To get out and see the stunning Yucatan peninsula in all of its glory, consider a horseback riding excursion through the jungle trails outside of the resort. This two hour guided tour offered through El Dorado Royale includes pit stops to the Mayan cenotes, where you are encouraged to jump in for a refreshing dip.
6. At Bar Las Guacamayas. With swinging beach beds and chairs, tiki torches and warm sea breezes, the open air Bar Las Guacamayas is a great place to enjoy live afternoon music, show off your karaoke talent at night or just relax and unwind.
5. Indulging in some chocolate (spa) therapy. If you thought a spa treatment on its own was decadent enough, think again. This ancient ritual treatment at The Spa at El Dorado Royale combines cocoa butter, chocolate and hazelnut oil for a sensuous and indulgent treatment that will leave your skin with an added glow.
4. Bicycling. Spread out over 450 acres of lush jungle, there’s plenty to explore without leaving El Dorado Royale’s beautiful property. The bike rental services will help you cruise your way through the intricate mangroves, gardens and forests.
3. In a Royal Swim-Up Suite. For newlyweds and lovebirds, the meticulously appointed Royal Swim Up Suites allow you to step just outside your suite to a meandering lazy river and accompanying swim-up bar. When you’re not busy enjoy this lavish outdoor experience, the room also includes an aromatherapy pillow menu, available butler/concierge service and a welcome basket with fresh fruits and chilled champagne.
2. At the Fuentes Culinary Theatre. This avant-garde concept kitchen is a one-of-a-kind culinary theatre that features gourmet cooking demonstrations from El Dorado Royale’s highly decorated chef and sommelier team. Winner of the 2008 Wine Spectator Award, the restaurant’s unique interactive approach lets you take part in every aspect of the meal—from asking the chef about cooking techniques to learning about the authentic local ingredients.
1. Dining in Kampai Restaurant. When a host of culinary masterminds from Michelin and Zagat-rated restaurants from around the world team up to create a gourmet dining experience, the outcome looks a lot like Kampai. With an unforgettable ocean vista in the background, you can enjoy authentic Pacific Rim cuisine from India, Vietnam, China and Japan. From locally-sourced sushi to authentic spring rolls, this savory menu will hit all of the right notes.